Nektra has released the new WLMailApi v1.0.1, which allows developers to create custom Windows Live Mail plug-ins.
Nektra Advanced Computing is glad to announce the release of the new WLMailApi version 1.0.1 which you can request a download by clicking here. This new version of WLMailApi left the Beta stage and is now an official RTM version.
Creating addons or plugins for Windows Live Mail Desktop® demands a deep knowledge of its internal behavior. Its Application Programming Interface (API) is undocumented and there is not a SDK available. Even the public interfaces IStoreNamespace and IStoreFolder supported in both Outlook Express® and Windows Mail® are not present in this new email client.
Windows 7® will not include Outlook Express or Windows Mail; its users will be forced to move to Windows Live Mail. Your product can be one of the first that plugs in!!!
This is the change log from previous version:
* Exiting from the system tray icon’s context menu crashed WLMail
* A stack overflow was produced when many database notifications were triggered
* There was a memory leak when handling database events
* C# DLL Demo solution made WLMail freeze after the evaluation expiration message when it was executed in Debug mode
* First events could get lost at startup before the first folder/message selection change event
* WLMailApi::GetCurrentMessageID() always returned -1 at startup until message selection was changed
* WLMailApi::GetCurrentMessageID() and NktWLMailApi::GetFirstSelectedMessageID() responses were not updated after current/selected message was deleted
* The WLMailApiEvents::OnDatabaseChange NKT_TR_INSERT_MESSAGE case was not triggered when messages were inserted in the Deleted Items folder
* Message.Delete(0) did not work when the message was in the Deleted Items folder
* WLMailApiEvents::OnCurrentMessageChanged event was not triggered if the current message was changed by selecting another message using “Ctrl + Click”
* When an unread message was selected in WLMail and was automatically marked as read, two WLMailApiEvents::OnDatabaseChange events (first NKT_TR_UNREAD_MESSAGE and then NKT_TR_READ_MESSAGE) were triggered instead of just one (NKT_TR_READ_MESSAGE)
* ToolbarButton::SetName and SetTooltip did not work if were called after the button was created
* Message::SaveAsFile() output file was corrupt if Message::GetHeader() was previously called
* Improved and corrected C++ and C# DLL Demos
* The solutions of the package now require Visual Studio 2008